IMPORTANT: DO NOT USE THIS TOOLKIT TO ROOT OR FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY ON A SNAPDRAGON MODEL SGS3 AS THE INCLUDED IMAGES WILL NOT WORK ON IT.
INTERNATIONAL [I9300] SUPPORT THREAD HERE
AT&T US [SGH-I747] SUPPORT THREAD HERE
SPRINT US [SPH-L710] SUPPORT THREAD HERE
TMOBILE US [SGH-T999] SUPPORT THREAD HERE
FUNCTIONS OF SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 TOOLKIT V3.0 [GSM][4TH JULY 2012]
- Install drivers automatically
- Backup/Restore a single package or all apps, user data and Internal Storage
- Backup your /data/media (virtual SD Card) to your PC for a Full Safe backup of data
- Perform a FULL NANDROID Backup of your system via adb and save in Custom Recovery format on your PC
- Pull /data and /system folders, compress to a .tar file and save to your PC
- Backup/Restore your /efs partition
- Dump selected Phone Partitions, compress to a .zip file with md5 and save to your PC
- Install BusyBox binary on phone
- Root any public build (different options available)
- Flash Stock Recovery
- Flash CWM Touch Recovery (thanks to TeamEpic) or CF-CWM Recovery (thanks to Chainfire)
- Rename Recovery Restore files if present
- Flash Insecure Boot Image for adb mode
- Flash Stock Boot Image back
- Download, Extract and Flash Stock Rom (full DETAILED steps) ESSENTIAL FOR WARRANTY RETURNS
- SIM Unlock phone to any Network (thanks to Adam Lange)
- Rip cache.img to zip file in CWM format for editing and flashing (thanks to Adam Lange)
- Install a single apk or multiple apk's to your phone
- Push Files from your PC to your phone
- Pull Files from your phone to your PC
- Set Files Permissions on your phone
- Dump selected LogCat buffers to your PC
- Dump BugReport to your PC (if installed)
- Help, Information Screen for various tasks
- Mods Section to Modify your phone
- Reboot Phone options in adb mode
- Change background, text colour in ToolKit
!CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 TOOLKIT V3.0!
INCLUDES MODSSECTION V1.0
NOTE: As the ToolKit.exe file isn't Digitally Signed with a Microsoft Certificate it 'may' get picked up as potentially harmful by Antivirus Programs and deleted on first run. If this happens restore the file and exclude it from future scans to use it.
THE EXTRAS V.I.P. SECTION IS AVAILABLE TO DONATORS AND CONTRIBUTORS OF THE TOOLKIT AS A THANK YOU FROM ME. THIS SECTION CONTAINS BROWSER TIPS, GENERAL TIPS, KEYBOARD TIPS, MARKET TIPS, SCREEN TIPS, SECURITY TIPS AND SETTINGS TIPS AS WELL AS A FEW TRICKS YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR PHONE. I WILL CONTINUE TO ADD TO IT BUT IN NO WAY SHOULD YOU DONATE JUST TO SEE THE EXTRAS SECTION AS IT WAS ONLY MADE AS A THANK YOU. THIS WILL BE AVAILABLE AS SOON AS I KNOW EVERYTHING IN THE TOOLKIT IS RUNNING SMOOTHLY
(Changelog at the Bottom of Post#1)
PLEASE READ THE *FAQ* IN POST#2 BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
1. INSTALLING GALAXY S3 DRIVERS
The first thing you need to do is to install the drivers. These are needed so that you can communicate with the phone via the PC and perform the tasks that the ToolKit offers.
NOTE: If you have Kies installed then it is advisable to uninstall it first to avoid conflicts.
a. Make sure your phone is booted into Android and the USB cable is unplugged.
b. Select Option 1 in the ToolKit to install the Samsung USB Driver pack. This should install all the neccessary drivers you need.
c. After the drivers have been installed connect the USB cable and the PC should detect the phone and install the correct drivers. This will also happen when you enter Download Mode and Recovery Mode for the first time.
d. If you want to check the drivers then go to your Control Panel on your PC and open the Device Manager. With the USB cable connected you should see a device listed as 'Samsung Android Phone' or something similar and a driver attached to it.
2. USING MSKIPS' SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 TOOLKIT V2.0
a. Download the Samsung Galaxy S3 ToolKit package and run to install the ToolKit to your PC. The installation will also create a Shortcut on your desktop for easy access. You have the option to include or exclude the drivers files at installation so if you already have your drivers set up and are just updating the ToolKit then you can untick the drivers if you wish.
b. Once the ToolKit is installed make sure your phone is booted and plugged in via USB cable and double click on the 'Samsung GS3 ToolKit v3.0' shortcut on your desktop to run it.
c. When you enter the Main Menu you will see 'Adb Mode' at the top. If you have installed your drivers correctly then you will see your phones serial number under the text with 'device' next to it. If you see this then your device is connected and you can carry on.
d. Each option has full information on what it is and how to use it.
3. FLASHING A ROM, RADIO OR KERNEL VIA CWM TOUCH RECOVERY
a. Download your chosen Rom, Radio or Kernel from the Development Forum, then make sure your phone is booted up as normal and connect your usb cable so it goes into MTP Mode. Copy the .zip file (DO NOT UNZIP IT FIRST) to the 'Internal Storage' part on your phone. Do not copy it to a Sub Directory as it will be harder to find when flashing it.
b. Enter CWM Touch Recovery (shut down the phone then hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME UP' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 5 seconds).
c. Select 'Install zip from sdcard' and select 'choose zip from sdcard' if the file is on Internal Memory.
d. Scroll to your zip file and select. Then select 'Yes' in the list to start flashing.
e. When flashing is finished press the BACK Button to go back until you get to the Main Menu and then select 'reboot system now' to reboot your phone into Android.
4. FLASHING A ROM, RADIO OR KERNEL VIA DOWNLOAD MODE USING ODIN
Odin can be used to flash image files or parts of your phone. You can flash something as simple as a boot image or a complete system. Everything is packed in a tar or tar.md5 file on your PC and flashed via Odin which is a Windows OS program.
a. Make sure you have your tar file stored on your PC.
b. Reboot your phone to Download Mode [shut down your phone, then hold down the Home + Volume DOWN Buttons and press the Power Button for about 2 seconds until a Warning screen appears. Press Volume UP to continue to Download Mode.
c. Connect your phone via usb and the first box at the top under ID:COM should turn blue and have some text in it. If you are using Download Mode on your phone for the first time then you will notice drivers being installed to use it.
d. The site or page you downloaded the file from will usually give you instructions to set Odin but if not you want to load boot/recovery/system files to the PDA location and have 'Auto Reboot' and 'F.Reset Time' ticked and nothing else.
e. Click on 'Start' to start the flash. You can see what is happening in the text box in the lower left.
How to get into Recovery Mode
1. Unplug the USB cable.
2. Shut down the phone.
3. Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME UP' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 5 seconds to enter Recovery Mode.
How to get into Download Mode (For Odin)
1. Unplug the USB cable.
2. Shut down the phone.
3. Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME DOWN' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the 'VOLUME UP' button to enter Download Mode.
ToolKit v3.0 (4th July 2012)
+Added CF-CWM Recovery (thanks to Chainfire) as option
+Added cache.img dump to backup options
+Fixed /efs backup/restore tool from previous version not working
+Added Galaxy S3 SIM Unlocker by Adam Lange
+Added Samsung Cache Ripper by Adam Lange
+Updated Odin Flash Tool to v3.07
+Added option to NAND backup to Internal or External Storage + keep/delete files on phone after completion
+Added Rename Recovery Restore files for future proofing
+Fixed CWM Rooting as it wasnt working (incorrect script)
+Lots of re-written code for better functionality
+A few minor bug fixes
+A few other things I forgot to write down
ToolKit v2.0 (22nd June 2012)
+Updated CWM Recovery to Touch v18.104.22.168
+Updated Samsung drivers to v22.214.171.124
+Added text on NAND Restore option to check free space (2GB) before starting
+Streamlined Odin flash process. Phone will now automatically reboot into Download Mode
+Added Download Mode to reboot options
+Added Download, extract, flash Stock Rom option. Everything you will ever need to know is in there
+Added Stock Boot Image option
+Added full information on Resetting flash counter
+Alot more minor stuff
ModsSection v1.0 (22nd June 2012)
+Added first version of Mods Section. 3 mods
available for now with more to be added
ToolKit v1.0 (10th June 2012)
+First version of SGS3 ToolKit released