- Install the drivers. Use the automated installation if possible. With any luck this will work for you, if not, then follow the step by step procedure.
- Unlock the Bootloader. Caution: This will completely erase your entire tablet. It will be factory fresh afterwords though and unfortunately is a requirement.
- Root the device and install a custom recovery. TWRP or CWM are highly recommended and the most popular, plus CWM is built into the rooting program.
Rooting made simple, there is a button for everything and easy to follow detailed instructions
Thats it, you are finished. You can now enjoy the benefits of a Rooted Nexus 7, check out some of these must have apps that require root. There are more but I use all of these myself.
- AntTek Explorer - free root file manager
- Root Uninstaller- free uninstaller for system app
- 1Tap Quick Bar– free notification bar twist app
If you have any more rooted apps to share please post a link below. Thanks to XDA Developer forum and Wugfresh for his simple to use toolkit.