If your model number has a suffix, or the device is any other model other then GT-I9300 or GT-I9300T, this will not work, and you will brick your device.
- To begin, download the CF-Root and extract it to find a TAR file.
- Put the phone in download mode. Hold down the Volume Down key, Home Key and Power key, and when prompted, press Volume Down to enter download mode.
- Run ODIN and click PDA to select the TAR file you extracted. Make sure Repartition is unchecked.
- Now connect the device to the PC via USB and when you see the device connected in ODIN, hit theStart button in ODIN to begin the flashing.
- Once the phone reboots, restart it again in recovery mode to see if the recovery has been installed. (Hold down the Volume Down key and the Power key.)
If the recovery wasn’t installed, and your device isn’t rooted, do this method all over again. If it worked, congratulations! For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.
After rooting this app, you can download Root Uninstaller, Root Firewall apps